- Researcher (International Institute of Political Science)
- Lecturer (Energy Security Studies)
- Study Advisor (Energy Security Studies)
Jan's academic background is at the intersection of International Relations and International Political Economy. His research expertise is dedicated to energy transitions, energy trade and cross-border effects of unilateral energy policy reforms. He is active in the European Consortium for Political Research, where co-chairs emerging Standing Group on energy politics.
- Energy transition
- (Energy) policy diffusion
- International trade with energy